Are You Loving You?
Posted on July 05 2018
Love is contagious right? So why do we find ourselves forgetting to love ourselves? Do you find yourself empty at times? Looking for others to lift you up? Looking to others to validate your life? This all changes when you take a moment to realize that you are important and that energy you're putting into others should be put into yourself.
When you love yourself first, it will show and spread to others around you. Your life will change for the better and you will start to see yourself evolve into the person you want to be.
Try these key tips and pay attention to how it changes your thoughts and the way you feel.
1. Take good care of yourself - when you look in the mirror, you should be happy with who you see. Be the best you that you can be. Grasp a hold of those imperfections and embrace them. Be happy.
2. Forgive yourself - we all make mistakes. Don't be so hard on yourself. Forgive and move forward and do better next time!
3. Say NO - we can get to the point where we feel we have to be there and say yes to everything that comes our way. This is great and all but it can drain you if you're not careful. If you truly don't feel like doing something, or can't do it, it's perfectly fine to say NO.
4. Travel! - experience the world around you. Take a break and get to know yourself outside of your comfort zone. Travel at least 1-2 times a year.
5. Take time for self - self care is the best care. Are you bored when you're alone? You should set aside time for self. Spending time alone, allows you time to get to know yourself. Getting to know yourself is one of the best things you can do. Once you know yourself, you will be amazed at how much fun spending time alone can be.